Saturday, January 31, 2015

Are You A Workaholic or Lifeaholic?

I bought a book entitled Simplify and Live the Good Life authored by Bo Sanchez, a renowned preacher, leader and entrepreneur. I don’t know why I unconsciously grabbed a copy of this pocket book. Perhaps my inner self told me that there is a need to do some simplification in my life right now. Being in this helping profession as a teacher, there are times that I do really feel tired and burned out with so many demands and commitments. Don’t get me wrong, it is not like I’m already losing my passion on this journey, it’s just that I feel I need some refueling to keep my passion burning.

I am indeed so thankful to this book, because it enlightened me with new perspectives and taught me many ways on how to breathe simplicity and become wealthy and contended in all areas of life. Every chapter has an action plan that engaged me to apply what I have learned. I also wrote in my journal all the insights and discoveries I learned from this book.



One of my favorite chapters in this book is about quitting workaholic habits. Bo Sanchez confessed that he was a true-blooded workaholic (Did we come from the same bloodline? Ha-ha). But, he is now converted into being a lifeaholic, who is addicted to breath, to balance, to love, to peace, to joy and to simplicity.     

According to him, workaholic people differ from lifeaholic people in the following ways:

  • A workaholic works long hours, while a lifeaholic works regular hours.
  •  A workaholic works with no defined goals, he just wants to be busy. But, a lifeaholic has defined goals and works towards attaining them.
  •  A workaholic has no interest outside his work, while a lifeaholic has pleasurable interests outside his work.
  • A workaholic cannot delegate, while a lifeaholic masters the skill of delegation.
  • A workaholic feels that life is one huge problem, while a lifeaholic feels that life is one mysterious and wonderful gift.

Are you a workaholic or a lifeaholic?

We only live once. Let us start focusing on what serves as essential to our happiness.
Breathe simplicity and choose to become a lifeaholic!

No comments:

Post a Comment