Sunday, April 28, 2019

My RPMS-PPST Portfolio


Preparing this Results-based Performance Management System-Philippine Professional Standards for Teacher (RPMS-PPST) Portfolio is indeed really daunting! 

Many teachers are complaining that it is already consuming their summer vacation. While I agree to them that it is demanding too much time and effort, and money as well, I have to say that I am still an advocate of this new performance assessment system. The domains and strands of PPST are focusing on competencies that can help our teachers become more effective in teaching. Perhaps, we are just being overwhelmed by the portfolio development, because we were not able to start working on it and collecting means of verification early on (as soon as this new RPMS-PPST was rolled-out in our school). Lesson learned, so this coming school year, prepare the list of MOVs that you will need to meet the indicators, so that by the end of the school year, you will just have to organize them. Remember, there is also a mid-year review of performance, so we must also be ready by that time when our rater requests our portfolio for monitoring. 

Right after I developed my paper-based portfolio, I also created an online portfolio version of it through Blogger. I believe this is more time and cost-effective, no need to print, just took me one day to finish it! I am looking forward to implement this in our school as our practice for RPMS-PPST portfolio development. 

If you want to view my online portfolio,please click this link: The 21st Century Teacher


No comments:

Post a Comment