Monday, August 12, 2013

A Manic and Stormy Monday

It's raining cats and dogs outside! Typhoon Labuyo is giving his last blow before he leaves the country.

Our local government declared no classes to those flood-prone areas only. Guess what? Our barangay is very fortunate not to be included on the list (hehe). When I came to school, I could tell with the students' gloomy facial expressions that most of them were disappointed (even some of the teachers are quite frustrated as well... and that includes me.. hehe). I thought we could have an extension for our long weekend last week. It seemed that everyone was really expecting for a class suspension today. 

But gone with those wishful thinking, we proceeded with our normal routines. 

It's so hard for me to continue discussing with somehow displeased bunch of students. So, to lighten up their moods, I gave some incentives for those who were present. I gave them plus ten chips for their class performance - the perks of coming to class in the midst of typhoon. 

Wow! What a manic and stormy Monday for all of us! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment