Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Teacher's Prayer

Before I start teaching, it has become my habit to recite this prayer silently. It makes me feel more confident that I can help each of my students to achieve not only our learning goals but also those lessons in life that they need to become better persons who know the proper path for their own brighter future.

Here is "A Teacher's Prayer" written by James J. Metcalfe:

I want to teach my students how
To live this life on earth,
To face its struggles and its strife
And to improve their worth.
Not just the lesson in a book,
Or how the rivers flow,
But to choose the proper path,
Wherever they may go.
And know right from wrong,
And gather all the beauty of
A flower and a song,
In wisdom and grace,
Then I feel that I have won
And I have filled my place.
That I may do my part,
For character and confidence
And happiness of heart.


I even have my copy of it posted in my Daily Lesson Log cover. Here it is, if you like it as well, feel free to download this image:





No comments:

Post a Comment