Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bonding with Philosophers

Tonight I am having a bonding with the great thinkers of the past! 
I have no choice, I can hear their call, they urge me to read their life, accomplishments and contributions in the human kind. It seems that they want me to be become part of their league... LOL!

Yesterday, I bought two books about Philosophy, Philosophy of Man (Towards Perfection) authored by Anna Clarissa Mendoza and Edgar Apolinar and Social Philosophy by Prisciliano Bauzon. I started reading the first book and I would like to share here some of the interesting quotable quotes of the philosophers from the early period, early medieval period and the late medieval period:
"Wisdom begins in wonder" ~ Socrates
"All Politics are morally corrupt" ~ Plato
"Man is by nature a political animal" ~ Aristotle
"Better to have loved and lost, than to ahve never loved at all..."~ St. Augustuine
"If you can find a place where God is not, Go there and sin with impunity"~ St. Anselmn 
"No superior may use a subordinate for his advantage"~ St. Thomas Aquinas
"It is better to be feared than loved"~ Niccolo Machiavelli 
"I think; therefore I am"~ Rene Descartes
"Humanity should be treated as an end and never as a means"~ Immanuel Kant
My goal is to finish these two books before this month ends (I'm crossing my fingers I know I can do it). This means I really need to be more conscious with my time management. I just only have one week to go. 







No comments:

Post a Comment