Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014!

So what is in store for me this year? Only God knows. Though I am somewhat expecting a lot for this year, because I have this gut feeling that most of my personal and career goals will come into realization this 2014 (I’m crossing my fingers).

Last night for the New Year’s Eve celebration, our family just had a simple dinner. Then, we attended a mass at St. Francis of Assisi Parish Church. The mass is not only a celebration of the New Year, but most importantly the mass was dedicated for Holy Queen. The priest said that it is important for the Catholic like us that every January 1, we also honor Mama Mary, the mother of mercy, the first apostle of Jesus Christ, the virgin who gave birth to our Lord.




We also enjoyed watching the fireworks display in our rooftop, while playing our loud music to drive away bad spirits (it’s become part of our tradition). Most of our neighbors really celebrate the New Year with a “bang!” as in with strong fire crackers. I just hope no one was hurt from them. Sadly, as I’ve read from the news, firecracker injuries were worse this year than the past five years. Filipinos should learn that we can still celebrate the New Year festively even with out those dangerous firecrackers.


By the way, about my New Year’s resolution, I’m actually planning to print it and post in a wall where I can always see it. This is to remind me every day of what I should accomplish for the whole year. Try it too. Let’s see if it will work. J

No comments:

Post a Comment