Saturday, April 5, 2014

Welcome Summer Vacation!

Summer is fun.
It spurs me with a lot of happy ideas.
How should I spend these 62 days?

There are many ways:

To the beach,
I want to lie down in a white sand 
and feel the heat of the scorching sun.
Dive in the deep blue waters
and see the school of fishes and colorful corals. 

To the nature park,
I want to feel the warm breeze in my skin,
smell the flowers that everywhere sheen,
and read a good book  beside a friendly stranger.

At home,
Watch my favorite TV shows, 
or stay up late at night with DVD marathon.
Lazing the day away, doing nothing.

This summer will give me more time...
More time for relaxation and self-care.
More time for family bonding.
More time to read a dozen of books I bought for the last two months, because most of them are just half read.
More time to reflect for what went wrong and what went right with my teaching for the past school year.
More time to enhance my skills and knowledge (revisit my professional development plan).
More time to reconnect with friends and loved ones.

Teachers, like students, are also excited for summer. We are also human beings that need time to relax and rejuvenate. We also deserve to enjoy and pamper ourselves.

So make a plan on how you want to spend your next two months. 

Because it's official, summer is here!

You may also want to read my tips on different ways a teacher can spend summer vacation.


#WelcomeSummer2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment