Thursday, September 11, 2014

Division Website Development ,Roll-Out on RPMS and Parent-Teacher-Conference

As my last catching up post about the past events that made me so busy for the past two months, let me share about the Division Website Development, our school’s Roll-Out on Results Based Performance Management System and Parent-Teacher Conference:

Division Website Development

Last July 31, I was invited as one of the facilitators in preparation of materials for the website development. As part of our Division’s journey to the apex of SEAL of Excellence, all public schools were required to develop a website with virtual classroom. Elementary and Secondary ICT coordinators were gathered to attend a mini-workshop on how to use the 88DB online web editor in developing their school website. A demonstration on how to maximize the virtual classroom was also conducted to enhance the learning experience of the students.

With the 88DB web development team (our host provider), Dr. Belino, Division Planning Officer and Mrs. Jean Tropel, ValMaSci Master Teacher:



Roll-Out on Results Based Performance Management System

Last August 16, we held our roll-out on Results Based Performance Management System (RPMS). I was at the write-shop when I read the announcement of our principal posted on her Facebook timeline that she is expecting 100% attendance for this In-Set. I aimed to finish my revisions a day before the last day of our write-shop, so that I could attend the learning engagement.

During the plenary session, our school head and department head teachers gave us a comprehensive lecture about this new performance system of Department of Education. At first, I was kind of reluctant about this new assessment scheme, but as the truth about its framework, features and its aims to motivate teachers to improve better performance and quality of work by making this as one of the basis for the PBB grant were unveiled to us………… we were like…. okay we really need take this one seriously.

During our concurrent breakout session, we were tasked to write our SMART objectives for the following KRAs:

  • Teaching-Learning Process
  • Students Outcome
  • Community Involvement
  • Professional Growth
  • Tardiness
  • Attendance

With my fellow TLE teachers, while writing about our objectives and required competencies for each KRAs:





Parent-Teacher Conference

After whole-day school-based learning engagement about RPMS, I went home immediately to prepare for the First Quarter PTC. Working overnight, I encoded the grades in composite grading sheet, print dummy cards and certificates of recognition for my class achievers (this is the most demanding part of being a class adviser). I also prepared my agenda for the meeting with the parents.

During the PTC, I discussed to the parents about the school policies, rules and regulations, proper grooming, absenteeism and class performance. I also reminded them about their significant role about the success of their children in school.



No comments:

Post a Comment