Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cooperative Membership Education Seminar

Brigada Eskwela Update: Last Friday was the culminating day for our Brigada Eskwela 2013. As for my last task, I was assigned by my Head Teacher, Mrs. Tanfelix, to help in the enrollment of our incoming senior students. It was an easy chore at first, but when the line of students and parents started to pile up in our receiving table, I started to be perturbed on how to entertain them one by one. I was thankful that I was not alone assisting our Master Teacher, Sir Cruz. I was with Ms. Ferrer, our new TLE teacher. She was in-charge for the enrollment forms, while I focused on looking for the names in the master list and collecting their fee for the Identification Card.

In the afternoon of the same day, we, the faculty officers and some selected members, attended the Cooperative Membership Education Seminar held at Legislative Building of Valenzuela City Hall. This seminar was actually requested by our Faculty Club President, Mrs. Lo as the first step in launching our Faculty Club Credit Cooperative.  The speaker talked about the history of cooperative in our country, RA 6939 establishing the Cooperative Development Authority, Principles, Practices, Purposes and Types of Cooperative. We truly learned a lot from this seminar. The speaker even shared some factors to be considered for the success of our cooperative operations. 



The seminar concluded with an open forum for some questions and inquiries. I was very fortunate to be part of this seminar. It made me aware of some important principles behind a successful cooperative. Then, our Faculty President suggested electing the 5 interim Board of Directors and 10 Officers. Everyone agreed so that we could prepare for the accreditation of our cooperative and organized the first general assembly. I was appointed as the secretary. May God bless me with this another great responsibility.  


No comments:

Post a Comment