Sunday, May 5, 2013

Summer ICT Trainings


I was so blessed to be part of some ICT trainings held this summer.

The ICT-4E (Information and Communications Technology for Education), which was initially launched last year, is a project of our very dynamic and supportive City Mayor, Hon. Sherwin T. Gatchalian, with the coordination of the DepEd – Valenzuela Educational Supervisor for ICT, Dr. Leilani Mendoza.  It aims to enhance the ICT skills of all public high school computer teachers of our city and standardize the curriculum for all senior high school students.

Informatics Valenzuela was chosen to host the different trainings in the different fields of ICT. I already took up the following trainings last year and managed to finish these courses triumphantly (hehe).
  • Graphic designing with PhotoShop 
  • Graphic designing with CorelDraw 
  • Web Designing with HTML and CSS
  • Database Management System with MS Access
For this summer, PC Assembly and Troubleshooting and Java Programming are offered. I already finished PC Assembly despite my hatred to crimping rj45 cables (it always takes me so many minutes before I come up of a functioning one).

One training to go! Tomorrow our Java Programming starts. I am so excited to learn about Java. To be honest with you, I really have a little background with programming. So, this is my chance to somehow challenge myself to expand my horizons, learn something new… and something intricate.  

I am equally grateful to STI College of Caloocan for hosting an IT training exclusively for Gen. T. de Leon National High School IT teachers this summer. Of course, this couldn’t be made possible without the effort of our IT Coordinator Mrs. Pelicano, who proposed for this event. CSS and HTML Web Designing, Animation with Flash CS5.5 and Programming with Visual Basic 6.0 are the topics we covered for this training.

It adds to my confidence every time I attend trainings, seminars and workshops. As teachers, we should never stop learning. We should continuously fill our bucket of knowledge and skills and keep ourselves abreast of current trends in the subjects we taught and in educational practices in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment