Monday, May 4, 2015

Development of Session Guides for National Training of Trainers

I felt so honored when I received a call coming from DepEd Central Office inviting me for a Five-Day Writeshop on the Development of Session Guides (SGs) in Preparation for the National Training of Trainers (NTOT).

It was last March 9 when I went to TICC, Tagaytay City, to attend the writeshop. I was so glad to know that it was like a reunion with my fellow writers for EPP 4 Learners’ Material and Teaching Guide. We excitingly worked with our session guides that will be used for the NTOT.

At first, I thought this was just an easy task, like preparing lesson plans. But when I heard the discussions of Dr. John from National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP) about the development of session guides, I learned that developing SGs for a training is an entirely different thing. For the first time I encountered the term andragogy (opposite of pedagogy), which is consisted of teaching strategies focused on adults. Since the participants are adults, we should learn some principles and theories concerning about how adults could be engaged in a learning process. Thereby, Dr. John comprehensively lectured about Kolb’s Experiential Learning Theory and the 4 As (Activity, Analysis, Abstraction and Application) of Learning.

This workshop also required us to produce the materials that will be used for the training, like the presentations, videos, and other visual aids. I was glad that I had finished the session guides for the EPP-ICT Team, but quite disappointed because I wasn’t able to produce the presentations and other materials on time, because I needed to go back to our school to attend to activities related to our forthcoming graduation. So thankful that Ma’am Glenda, our team secretary, allowed me to go back to my station earlier to attend to the needs of my class advisory. I just promised her to work on these materials during the orientation of chief trainers. 


With my fellow writers while working with 
our session plans in preparation for the NTOT.

Like this pose is an essential part of my documentation :D




No comments:

Post a Comment