Monday, May 4, 2015

Orientation of Chief Trainers for the Grade 4 National Training of Trainers (NTOT)

Last March 16, I went back to TICC, Tagaytay City to attend the Five-Day Orientation of Chief Trainers for Grade 4 NTOT. I was so excited and a little anxious on what was in store for us in this orientation. To be honest, this was my first ever experience to become a trainer in a national level. I became a division trainer for website development last year, but to become a chief trainer for a national training, whose participants were the best of every divisions and regions, really gave me goosebumps.

I was thankful that this orientation equipped us with all the necessary skills to facilitate the session effectively as chief trainers. The following were the highlights of our orientation:

  • Undersecretary Dina S. Ocampo  gave the updates about the K to 12 BEP curriculum for Grade 4 including instruction and assessment.
  • Dr. John Arnold Siena of NEAP equipped the chief trainers with skills to facilitate discussions among teacher-participants the effective implementation of the Grade 4 curriculum.
  • There were also  sessions about teaching strategies like Differentiated Instruction by Dr. Evelina Vicencio and Localization and Contextualization by Dr. Ma. Theresa De Villa.
  • SFX, through the cooperation of Australian Aid,  introduced the new social brand of DepEd: “Tayo Para sa Edukasyon.” This is a great communications campaign to sustain reforms in Basic Education. (I will dedicate a post about this social brand, to inspire everyone to take active participation in the current reforms in our basic education).
After this orientation, I felt so eager to become a chief trainer, I learned a lot and I wanted all these learnings to be shared with all the other trainers nationwide. 


This photo is priceless, we are with one of the great education champions 
of our country, USEC Dina S. Ocampo.




No comments:

Post a Comment