Thursday, February 27, 2014

Orientation for the Candidates of Online Flexible Learning Tutors and Associate Tutors

I was overwhelmed, delighted and flabbergasted, because of the invitation that I received yesterday. I was invited by the DepEd NCR Office to attend the orientation of candidates for Flexible Learning Tutors and Associate Tutors. 

I just can't believe it! 

Just two months ago, I accepted the challenge of my school head to be part of the GURO21 Course 1: "Facilitating the Development of 21st Century Skills for Southeast Asian Teachers." I spent my weekends pounding the books just to accomplish the module assignments. I devotedly attended online chat sessions and actively participated in our virtual class discussions. Last January, I was fortunate to be one of the learners who were invited to attend the revalida (an oral defense of your learning portfolio). To my surprise, our online tutor chose me to give our class reflection, a task assigned for the top performing learners of the class. This is indeed another achievement for this wonderful journey... 

And just as I thought this is the end of my SEAMEO INNOTECH/GURO21 story... 
A memo from our Division Office informing me about the said orientation was sent to our school.

After I read the memo, my head teacher saw how I beamed into great happiness! She knew that to become a trainer is really one of my dreams.

I went the orientation today excitedly. I met my other fellow GURO21 learners who were also invited as candidates. We talked about our past experiences as GURO21 scholars and shared our common feelings of 'overjoy' for the thought that we were chosen and that we could be part of the SEAMEO as online tutors. 

Dr. Maria Teresa A. Namoro, Assistant Chief of Secondary Education Division, DepEd NCR, gave her opening remarks, explaining the memorandum of agreement of SEAMEO and DepEd and the plan to open the third batch of ICeXCELS and GURO21. 

During the orientation proper, Dr. Namoro discussed about course background. She enlightened everyone about the course and its objectives. She also discussed about the roles of flexible tutors and associate tutors.

Ms. Elizabeth Meneses, Education Supervisor, talked about the course policies and requirements, while Dr. Rowena Ontangco, Regional ESP Coordinator, explained the rating rubric guide and criteria in grading the performance of the ICeXCELS/GURO21 learners.

The orientation in itself is both promising and challenging. This is indeed another chance for me to prove to myself that I am really a Brave Teacher! I am thanking God for blessing me with so many wonderful opportunities. To Him I offer my gratitude and devotion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment